During the 1971 Tour de France, Eddy Merckx not only victoriously rode into Paris donning the yellow jersey, but won the difficult first stage in Strasbourg as well. The stage into town ended on a gravel track where Merckx narrowly beat Roger De Vlaeminck in a sprint. The Strasbourg71 gravel race bike is an ode to this stage win where Eddy confirmed his sprinting prowess on extremely challenging terrain.
The Strasbourg71 frame consists of impact-resistant material below the downtube, as well as behind the seat tube, where you can have a lot of stone impact during a gravel ride. On top of that we offer an integrated chain catcher to protect your pedal stroke on rough terrain. The wide clearance of the front and rear fork allows 40mm tires. This bike can be equipped with mudguards and travel bags for real adventure. To perfectly accommodate those travel bags your bottle cage can be put in different positions.
Thanks to the road geometry transforming your bike for a spin on the pavement can be done easily. Just change your tires and hop on your bike.
Color: Pistache Green - Beige (Matte)
- Frame: Strasbourg 71 Disc/Size M/71D01Am
- Fork: Strasbourg 71 Disc/71D01Am
- Saddle: Fizik Antares R5 Black-Black
- Seatpost: Strasbourg 71 Disc Seatpost 25° Offset Carbon BLAC
- Wheelset: Fulcrum RAC700 db AFS SHI11s CL TA12/100 12/142
- Outer Tyre: WTB Byway 700x34c TCS
- Handlebar: Deda Zero100 RHM Black on Black 42cm
- Stem: Deda Zero100 stem Attacco Black on Black 110mm
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM RD RIVAL1 Long Cage - 10-42
- Crank: SRAM S350 172,5mm 42T
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1130 11s 11-42